Since the successful launch of two-step verification for HarvardKey, compromised accounts have dropped to near zero. We're now rolling out the same login protection to your Microsoft Office 365 account. Office 365 includes your Outlook email, files stored in OneDrive and SharePoint, and shared Teams sites. The enhanced login process is quick, easy, and uses the same two-step process as. Office ProPlus is part of the Office 365 suite of services offered to all Office 365 for Harvard customers. It enables College, GSAS, HDS, HGSE, and HSPH students to download and install the latest, full versions of Microsoft Office up to five times on multiple devices. When you graduate or leave Harvard you will need to purchase a software license from Microsoft to continue use of this service. Sign in to Office 365 - go to and enter your Harvard email address (i.e., [email protected]) in the 'Email' field, enter your HarvardKey in the Password field and select the 'Sign in' button. On Manage installs, select Install. At the bottom of the screen, select Run.
- Login to your mailbox by going to outlook.office365.com
- On the menu bar on the right-hand side, click on the gear icon and then click Automatic Replies (Note: The window can appear two different ways depending on the browser and if the screen is done loading)
- Select “Send automatic replies”
- Enter in your desired automatic reply message. You can also select “Send replies only during this time period” and set the start and end times if you’d like to set a specific time frame
- Optionally, if you would also like your automatic replies to be sent to people outside your organization, select “Send automatic reply messages to senders outside my organization” and then type the response you want to send while you are out of the office.
- Click OK at the top of the screen when you are finished
This information is for members of the Harvard community who are enabling two-step verification for Office 365. Two-step is a proven way to protect your email account against the use of stolen passwords. The following information does not apply to users whose primary affiliation is at Harvard Business School or Harvard Medical School.
Outlook for Windows:
- Open Outlook
- Click on the File tab in the upper left-hand corner, then select Automatic Replies (Out of Office) on the next screen.
- Select “Send automatic replies”
- Enter in your desired automatic reply message. You can also select “Only send during this time range:” and set your start and end times if you’d like to set a specific time frame.
- Optionally, if you’d like your automatic replies to be sent to people outside your organization, select the Outside My Organization (On) tab and then type the response you want to send while you are out of the office.
Outlook for Mac:
Harvard Office 365 Email Login
- From the Outlook client select Tools -> Out of Office
- Select your account on the left hand side
- Check “Send automatic replies for account <account name>”
- Enter in your desired automatic reply message. Select “Only send replies during this time period:” and set the start and end times if you’d like to set a specific time frame.
- Optionally, if you’d like your automatic replies to be sent to people outside your organization, select “Also send replies to senders outside my organization” and then type the response you want to send while you are out of the office.
- Click the OK button when finished
Computer and Processor
Windows OS: 1.6 GHz or faster, 2-core
macOS: Intel processor
Windows OS: 4 GB RAM; 2 GB RAM (32-bit)
macOS: 4 GB RAM
Windows OS: 4 GB of available disk space
macOS: 10 GB of available disk space; HFS+ hard disk format (also known as macOS Extended) or APFS
Windows OS: 1280 x 768 screen resolution (32-bit requires hardware acceleration for 4K and higher)
macOS: 1280 x 800 screen resolution
Windows OS: Graphics hardware acceleration requires DirectX 9 or later, with WDDM 2.0 or higher for Windows 10 (or WDDM 1.3 or higher for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update).
macOS: No graphics requirements.
Harvard Microsoft Office
Windows OS: Windows 10, Windows Server 2019
macOS: Office for Mac is supported on the three most recent versions of macOS. As new major versions of macOS are made generally available, Microsoft will drop support for the oldest version and support the newest and previous two versions of macOS. Product functionality and feature availability may vary on older systems. For the best experience, use the latest version of any operating system specified above.
Harvard Office 365
The current version of Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, or Firefox.