Connect your device to your Mac using a USB or USB-C cable. You can’t restore your device using a Wi-Fi connection. In the Finder on your Mac, select the device in the Finder sidebar. Select General in the button bar. If you decide to restore your iPhone from a backup, click Restore from a backup. Whether you're doing this on your phone or through iTunes, you'll see a list of the most recent backups you've made. Select the one you made at the start of the process, and your phone will return to its previous state. Jan 28, 2021 To restore iPhone from Recovery Mode, you just need to hit Exit Recovery Mode option and your device will reboot normally. For advanced purposes, you will then need to go deeper. The Fix All iOS Stuck feature allows you doing more, like fixing iPhone stuck on Apple logo or boot loop.
Get your device ready
- Make sure that your Mac or PC is updated. If you're using iTunes, make sure that you have the latest version.
- If you want to save the information on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod, make a backup.
- Go to Settings > [your name] > Find My, tap Find My iPhone, then turn it off. Learn what to do for an unresponsive device or one that won't turn on. Get help if you forgot your passcode.
Restore your device to factory settings
- On a Mac with macOS Catalina or later, open Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes. Find out which macOS your Mac is using.
- Connect your device to your computer.
- If a message asks for your device passcode or to Trust This Computer, follow the onscreen steps. Get help if you forgot your passcode.
- Select your device when it appears on your computer. Learn what to do for an unresponsive device or one that won't turn on. Or get help if your device doesn't appear on your computer.
- Click Restore [device]. If you're signed into Find My, you need to sign out before you can click Restore.
- Click Restore again to confirm. Your computer erases your device and installs the latest iOS, iPadOS, or iPod software.
- After your device restores to factory settings, it restarts. Now you can set it up as new.
If you can't access a computer
If you can't access a computer and your device still works, you can erase and restore your device without a computer.
- Learn what to do if you see an error message.
- Learn how to restore your device from a backup.
If you need more help, contact Apple Support.
If you see the Restore screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
If you see the Restore screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, learn what to do.
Restart your device
If you see the Restore screen, restart your device:
- iPad models with Face ID: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Press and hold the Top button until the device restarts.
- iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, and iPod touch (7th generation): Press and hold both the Side (or Top) button and the Volume Down button until you see the Apple logo.
- iPad with Home button, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier: Press and hold both the Side (or Top) button and the Home button until you see the Apple logo.
Reinstall iOS or iPadOS
If you still see the Restore screen after you restart, you need to reinstall iOS or iPadOS:
- On your Mac, make sure that you’ve installed the latest software updates (including iTunes if you have MacOS Mojave or earlier). Or on your Windows PC, make sure that you’ve installed the latest version of iTunes.
- Connect your device to your computer using the cable that came with your device. You should see this message: 'There's a problem with the [your device name] that requires it to be updated or restored.'
- Click Update (not Restore) to reinstall iOS or iPadOS and keep your personal data.
Iphone Restore On Mac
Get more help
Restore Iphone On Mac Catalina
- Learn what to do if you get a restore error when you try to update or restore.
- If you don't see a restore error, but still see the Restore screen, contact Apple Support.
- If you can't force a restart because one of your buttons is broken or stuck, contact Apple Support.
Restore Backup On Iphone
May 26, 2020 8:19 AM